I was pleasantly surprised when I received a random message from Kara announcing that I was selected for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I was touched by her random act of kindness, and with the knowledge that she has enjoyed reading my posts over the past few years. Thank you Kara! ❤
I would like to extend my gratitude to Kara for reaching out and nominating me for this thoughtful award. What a wonderful way to spread love and of course show our appreciation towards the many great writers who share their stories and help to inspire others.
Please be sure to check out Kara’s blog, Veganlosophy. Her blog is filled with an assortment of fantastic recipes your palate will enjoy.😛
There are several rules for accepting this award. One of them is to answer several questions from Kara. So here it goes…
1. What’s the most influential or memorable book/books you have ever read?
“Life is difficult. This is a great truth, one of the greatest truths.”
The first words written in The Road Less Traveled by Dr. Scott Peck; one of the first books I decided to read back in 2006, during a year I was experiencing tremendous changes. As I tried to rebuild my life, I had no idea how to pick up the pieces, let alone how to even move forward. I was filled with fear. This book came at a perfect time and awakened my soul. It gave me the courage to face my fears. It provided me with the most beautiful descriptions of Love. It helped me to better understand who I was becoming as a person, and whom I desired to be. This book was a stepping stone, the beginning of a profound spiritual journey, to recreating my life.
2. Are you a dog or a cat person?
I prefer cats because they are chill and require little attention. ;-)
3. What are three things that are on your bucket list?
I plan to visit my elementary school in my hometown before the year is over. I hope to experience a raw vegan retreat that offers meditational and yoga experiences in a secluded environment someday. And I hope to perform with a dance team someday – either salsa, bachata or maybe even kizomba? We’ll see what the Universe has in store.🙂
4. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Both. I love waking up early in the morning to meditate and work out. And sometimes, I love staying up late dancing the night away at latin socials with great friends, or to just sink my teeth into an awesome book!
5. Think back three years ago and then reflect how your life is now…has it surprised you or gone along the road you expected?
There were a few doubters planting ridiculous thoughts in my mind about how my life would be, or where I’d be in my journey. Needless to stay, I’m glad I stayed true to myself and my faith. All has been going as expected since three years ago and for that, I am very grateful.
6. If you could choose any new language to understand and know instantly, what would it be and why?
Espanol! Because I love listening to salsa, bachata y reggaeton and I have many spanish-speaking friends as well!
7. Would you rather visit the Egyptian Pyramids of Giza or the Teotihuacan Pyramids in Mexico?
No preference, I think they would both be beautiful experiences!
8. Preferred exercise: cardio or strength?
No preference, they’re both essential in my opinion.
9. What are one of your favourite breakfast, main meal and dessert recipes? (one of each)
My favorite breakfast item at this time is a Chocolate Almond Butter & Banana Smoothie (I need to post this recipe!). My favorite main meal would have to be vegetarian sushi which unfortunately I don’t have a recipe to share at this time. And dessert? This. The Gingerbread Spiced Cupcakes with Cinnamon Frosting (mind you, they are vegan + gluten free and amazingly delicious)!
10. Would you rather sky dive, or deep ocean dive?
I would rather go dancing. Kizomba anyone?😀
11. What are you looking forward to in the week ahead?
Raising teens has its pros and cons (obviously, lol) but witnessing how hard my two girls have worked over this past summer trying to get a head start for the new school year… I found this to be admirable. My girls are always setting goals trying their best to accomplish them. And they do so, much of the time. I’m looking forward to their reactions when they discover the wonderful surprise I have in store for them. They deserve it, and they are very much appreciated.
The third rule for accepting this award is to nominate other bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I would like to take this opportunity to nominate three blogs which I thoroughly enjoy and believe you will too!
1. Dreamwalker’s Sanctuary by Sue Dreamwalker
This is one of the most beautiful blogs I’ve discovered, in addition to the writer who has such a beautiful soul. Sue’s intention was to create a sanctuary for enlightenment and peace through wonderful poetry and inspirational thoughts.
2. Fragrant Vanilla Cake by Amy Lyons
Are you just as obsessed with desserts as I am? Amy’s blog has an abundance of vegan, raw, paleo-friendly and gluten-free desserts that are creative, beautiful, delicious and incredible fun to make! She also has a number of non-dessert items as well! Amy Lyons makes it easy to fall in love with desserts guilt-free because these are actually pretty healthy (in moderation of course, good luck with that self control)! There’s something on her website for everyone!
3. Confessions of a Typical Teen by Rina Raj
This teenager desired to bridge the gap of communication between parents and their teens. She wanted to put real life situations and sensitive topics on the table for both parents and their kids to discuss and explore. Rina’s blog was recently featured in a local magazine. I’ve enjoyed reading her entries and sharing in many discussions with her. From a teen’s perspective, check out her confessions on her website.
Nominee’s, now it’s your turn. Above are the rules and below are your questions. Congratulations! I look forward to reading your responses. ❤
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- What is your favorite post on your blog, and why?
- Paper books or a kindle? Which do you prefer and why?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite song or genre of music?
- Who is your idol, and why?
- Which inspirational quote resonates with you, and why?
- What is one of the top things on your bucket list?
- What is your favorite hobby other than writing or blogging?
- What are you most grateful for?
- If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?