I’ve been hooked on this super-duper-easy-to-make miso soup this past week. It seemed like I just couldn’t get enough of it! Three days of delicious goodness! 😛 I recognized the flavor of this soup from oriental restaurants I’ve dined at in the past, but it’s been years since I’ve enjoyed an oriental flavored soup like this!
Here’s a quick and easy recipe I came across from the Clean book by Dr. Alejandro Junger. I’m sure you’ll enjoy this one!
Soup n’ Go
- 2 cups hot water (not boiling)
- 1 tbsp chickpea miso (if you’re not on the Clean cleanse, feel free to use any other kind of miso. I used brown rice miso)
- 1/2 shredded carrot
- 5 leaves finely shredded kale (I used more than 5 leaves btw, I love kale!)
- 3 to 4 fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4-inch piece of grated ginger
- Sunflower sprouts
- Pinch of cayenne (I used about 3 pinches. Use more if you like it spicier!)
- Drizzle of toasted sesame oil (olive oil will work too)
- Pinch of coriander powder (again, I used about 3 pinches)
- Add chickpea miso to hot water and stir until mixed well.
- Add vegetables and spices. Drizzle oil.
- Dig in and enjoy!
You can also throw these items into a blender and then take this soup with you “to go”!
Source: Clean, by Dr. Alejandro Junger, M.D.