I’ve enjoyed delicious quinoa dishes at temples before but never felt inclined to make it myself. As part of the Clean Program cleanse, I decided to give this recipe a chance and sure enough, I loved it! It’s quite tasty and very satisfying!
- 1 cup quinoa (white, red or black)
- 1/4 cup diced fresh celery
- 1/4 cup diced fresh cucumbers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup diced fresh carrots
- 2 tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh minced cilantro (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Rinse quinoa well to remove bitterness.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to boil. Add salt to taste.
- Add quinoa, bring to boil and reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until quinoa is tender but firm and water has been absorbed about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in a bowl.
- Add all vegetables, oil, lemon and salt.
- Eat warm or chilled.
Source: Clean, by Dr. Alejandro Junger, M.D.