Cookies for breakfast? Absolutely!
My kids love making these because it’s such a kid-friendly recipe that’s quick and easy to prepare not to mention, delicious and healthy!
Plus, you just can’t ever go wrong with pumpkin! 😛
- 3/4 cup organic quick oats
- 1/2 cup organic oat flour (blend in food processor until it becomes flour)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup canned organic pumpkin
- 2 tbsp organic milk (almond, rice, flax…)
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional: carob chips, cacao nibs or chocolate chips
- Combine all dry ingredients separately and stir well.
- Combine all wet ingredients including the pumpkin. Stir well.
- Combine both wet and dry ingredients and form into balls or cookies.
I suggest making these the night before and serving the next day after remaining at room temperature for a couple of hours. However, you can definitely serve these immediately after preparation. I find that allowing them to sit overnight results in a more moist cookie.
Store remaining cookies in the fridge.
Source: Chocolate Covered Katie, http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/08/20/no-bake-pumpkin-oatmeal-cookies/