Boy do I love pasta, but since I discovered that pasta (due to gluten) can contribute to hypothyroidism, I’ve had to limit myself either to gluten-free pasta made with brown rice OR experiment with new raw pasta recipes. And raw pasta recipes are definitely not an issue, especially since I love raw foods! 😛
Now, when I came across several raw pasta recipes, I was in disbelief! With some quick research, I learned of this tool which can be used to create raw pasta! Who would’ve thought! This tool is a spiral slicer which is used to make the raw pasta. It’s super easy and takes only minutes!
Now the end result itself was just absolutely delicious! We’re talking creamy, flavorful, delightful to the palate pasta! The pasta was so satisfying, so delicious that even my 12 year old and 10 year old were in disbelief at how amazing this was! They couldn’t even believe that this was raw, let alone made with zucchini! Who says healthy food can’t taste good? I urge you to give this recipe a shot and let me know what you think Your body will absolutely love you for this! 😛
- 2 to 3 zucchinis
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 handful each of fresh basil, cilantro and parsley
- 1/4 cup of truly sun dried tomatoes not in oil, chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon juiced
- a pinch of sea salt, to taste
- Use a spiral slicer to make noodles out of the zucchini.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and toss to coat.
- Place on some paper towels and allow the water to drain while you prepare the sauce. This can be done for a few hours at room temperature (I did it for 1.5 hours but my house is very warm).
- Combine the avocado, herbs, garlic, lemon juice, and a pinch of sea salt in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Once the noodles are dry and soft, toss with the sauce.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes and toss once more.
- Topped with some fresh parsley, serve and enjoy!