This is an awesome salad, that’s all I have to say! 😛 Totally inspired by the “Fiesta Salad” from Ethos Vegan Kitchen in Winter Park, my kids and I decided we could totally make a similar version at home.
And so we did! 😀
We bought the ingredients, grilled up our vegan chickun strips with some olive oil, salt, black pepper and paprika and there we had it. A delicious blend of greens, veggies and cheese topped with juicy vegan “chickun” and zesty ranch that is fun, filling and beyond satisfying!
Now it’s your turn.
We promise you will love this one. 🙂
- 1 bag of mixed greens (we used Organic Girl 50/50 which is mixed greens and baby spinach)
- 6 oz vegan “chickun” strips (we used Light Life Smart Strips Chick’n Style)
- 1 can of organic black beans
- 1 bag of Daiya Deliciously Dairy Free Pepper Jack Style Shreds
- 1 organic red pepper cut into strips
- 1 organic green pepper cut into strips
- 1 organic tomato quartered
- 1/2 organic red onion sliced into “rings”
- 1/2 organic avocado quartered
- 1 bottle of vegan ranch salad dressing (we used Follow Your Heart High Omega Vegan Ranch)
- 1 bag of organic blue corn tortilla chips (we used Garden of Eatin’ Red Hot Blues Corn Tortilla Chips)
Note: You can make less or more of this salad depending on your serving needs.
- In a frying pan, cook the “chickun” strips in some olive oil lightly seasoned with black pepper, salt and paprika.
- In a serving platter, layer some of the mixed greens. Use enough greens to cover the bottom of the platter.
- Next, sprinkle some of the green and red peppers on top of the mixed greens (you may not need to use all of the peppers).
- Layer the onion “rings” on top of the green and red peppers (again, you may not need to use all of the onions depending on the size of your serving platter).
- Layer a generous amount of Daiya shreds on top of the onions, covering all of the veggies.
- Layer a generous amount of black beans on top of the Daiya shreds.
- Sprinkle some more Daiya shreds on top of the black beans (just because 😉 )
- Arrange the 4 pieces of avocados at opposite ends of the serving platter.
- Arrange the 4 pieces of tomatoes in between the avocados.
- Scoop the grilled chickun strips into the center of the salad.
- Drizzle the vegan ranch dressing on top of the chicken strips.
- Decorate the sides of the platter with the blue corn tortilla chips.
- Clasp your hands and express your gratitude for this delicious healthy vegan salad. 😉
- Now you may dig in and enjoy! 😛