I was craving me some macaroons. 😛
But not just any macaroons. Chocolate macaroons.
Similar to the ones that are sold at Whole Foods in the refrigerated section (I love that stuff)!
These take about 10 minutes to make and they require zero baking.
AND I kid you not when I share, the nutritional value is pretty decent! 😉 Keep in mind though that moderation is always the key here. But if you choose to disagree with me – hey, zero guilt! 😉
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (grade B yields a richer flavor, grade A is lighter and tastes great as well)
- 1 teaspoon almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Using a small spoon or scoop, drop them into bite-size pieces on a pan covered with wax paper.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes (not required).
Note: If doing the Clean Program cleanse, replace maple syrup with agave nectar and consume in moderation. Also, it’s recommended to refrigerate the remaining macaroons (if you have any left that is 😉 ).
This recipe is a modification of the following, http://www.food.com/recipe/raw-chocolate-macaroons-479113