Have you ever tried the garlicky kale from Whole Food’s self-serve food bar? I’ve been addicted to their kale salad ever since I first tried it, but every time I purchased it since then, the recipe always differs (with the exception of that first time I fell in love with it of course).
At times, it seems it doesn’t have enough nutritional yeast, or they may have forgotten to add the nutritional yeast (which gives it that cheesy flavor), or they’ve added too much liquid aminos.
Since I desired that recipe often, and to absolute perfection, I decided to do a little searching for a copy cat recipe. I came across this particular one which is an absolute HIT in my book! It comes out perfect every time! Even my daughter who’s not huge on kale LOVES this salad! 😀
Now, I know many of you are not fond of garlic (I sure wasn’t until I did the Clean Program cleanse) but once I learned about the health benefits, I realized it was important for me to continue including raw garlic in my diet from time to time.
Garlic is a natural antibiotic. It fights colds, helps with allergies and even helps prevent respiratory infections. These are only a few benefits!
This is a great recipe not to mention, it only takes minutes to make! And, it’s delicious!!!!!
- 1 bunch of organic raw kale (I used the curly/green), cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice (use fresh juice from a lemon)
- 2 tablespoon Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 4 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves (I use one large clove or two small cloves)
- Put all ingredients into a blender and puree/blend.
- Pour dressing over kale and mix well.
- Grab yourself a big bowl and enjoy! 😛
This recipe is from the following website, http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/garlicky-kale-from-whole-foods-52343451