I’ve been looking for the perfect matcha smoothie bowl recipe for quite some time.
And I was ecstatic when I came across this particular recipe. 😀
And what’s the obsession with smoothie bowls?
It’s a staple ingredient upon traditional Japanese tea ceremonies since the 12th century.
It has many amazing health benefits including strengthening the immune system, enhancing energy and providing detoxification.
Smoothie bowls are a fun way to add a little twist to the traditional smoothies, and I have found myself enjoying them quite a bit. 😛
You can add toppings such as fruits, nuts, and seeds. It adds unique flavors to the smoothie, providing the opportunity to change up the recipe every so often. YES, you should have a little fun with your food! 😉
You may need to double up on this recipe if you prefer more in quantity. I actually reduced the original recipe to half because I found the original serving to be too much for one meal. It’s quite filling in my opinion.
Hope you enjoy this one as much as I do! 🙂
- 1 cup organic spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped apples (peeled)
- 1/4 of a small Haas avocado
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp matcha
- Optional: sweetener of choice
- Toppings of choice (pictured above are mangos, shredded coconut, flax seeds, blueberries and kiwis)
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend well.
- Serve in a bowl with your favorite toppings.
This recipe is a slight modification of the following: http://powerhungry.com/2016/01/matcha-green-smoothie-bowl/