Want a great side to make for a party, gathering, holiday or event? You can’t go wrong with this recipe. Every time I make this dip, it is an absolute hit! 😀
This dip is filling, healthy and absolutely delicious! AND it feeds a lot of folks! If you wish to make this dip purely vegan, you can substitute the sour cream and cheese with vegan sour cream and vegan shredded cheese.
For the ground meat, I used Gardein’s ultimate beefless ground which is vegan and gluten-free. I used a packet of taco seasoning to add extra flavor to the beefless ground meat (just follow the instructions on the package to cook the ground meat). You can use any ground meat to make this dip however.
To serve, you can use organic corn tortilla chips or any type of chips your heart desires. 😉
- 1 package meatless crumbles
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (I use black beans)
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper sliced (optional)
- Cook the meatless crumbles according to the package directions. Use packet of taco seasoning when cooking if desired for added flavor.
- In a 9×13 inch serving tray, that is about 1 1/2 inches deep, spread the refried beans.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of shredded cheese on top of the beans.
- Sprinkle meatless crumbles on top of the cheese.
- Spread sour cream very slowly on top of the meatless crumbles. You may discover that the meatless crumbles will stick to the bottom of your spoon. Just keep spreading slowly while repeating small sections to have a clean spread.
- Spread guacamole on top of the sour cream.
- Pour drops of salsa over the guacamole and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top of the salsa.
- Sprinkle black olives, tomatoes, green onions and jalapenos (if you decide to use this) on the top.
- Grab your chips, dip your dip and enjoy!
This dip tastes best at room temperature. However, you can make this dip the night before and refrigerate for the next day. You can also store remaining dip in the fridge.
This recipe is a modification of: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16845/seven-layer-dip-i/